FRDB Archives

Freethought & Rationalism Archive

The archives are read only.


Go Back   FRDB Archives > Archives > Biblical Criticism - 2001
Welcome, Peter Kirby.
You last visited: Today at 05:55 AM

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2001, 02:44 AM   #1
Isabeau
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: baltimore
Posts: 10
Post The message or the messenger?

I recently read a book that proposed, in a rather bizarre but interesting way, that Jesus was the Daughter of God rather than the Son of God. NOW, before I get a number of offended replies, I am not saying that I am in favour of this hypothesis - what got me thinking was - does it really matter whether Jesus was a man or woman when he/she was proclaiming God's message? I don't think that saying that just because the Bible says so is a good enough argument considering that the NT has been tinkered with so many times to get it to the current version(s). Isn't the message that Jesus proclaimed his/her most important legacy to those who follow the Christian religion?
Isabeau is offline  
Old 10-28-2001, 08:16 AM   #2
SingleDad
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,477
Post

Are you referring to James Morrow's Only Begotten Daughter? If so, while a wonderful book, it is a work of fiction.
SingleDad is offline  
Old 10-28-2001, 08:25 AM   #3
Amos
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Isabeau:
<STRONG>I recently read a book that proposed, in a rather bizarre but interesting way, that Jesus was the Daughter of God rather than the Son of God. NOW, before I get a number of offended replies, I am not saying that I am in favour of this hypothesis - what got me thinking was - does it really matter whether Jesus was a man or woman when he/she was proclaiming God's message? I don't think that saying that just because the Bible says so is a good enough argument considering that the NT has been tinkered with so many times to get it to the current version(s). Isn't the message that Jesus proclaimed his/her most important legacy to those who follow the Christian religion?</STRONG>
That would be accable to me if we call earth masculine so mother god can have intercourse with father earth. This would make Mary a male, woman on top, fire cold and ice hot.

See the absurdity of it?
 
Old 10-28-2001, 09:07 AM   #4
kctan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Heaven, just assasinated god
Posts: 578
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
<STRONG>

That would be accable to me if we call earth masculine so mother god can have intercourse with father earth. This would make Mary a male, woman on top, fire cold and ice hot.

See the absurdity of it?</STRONG>
So whats absurd with this ? Never done it before (still a technical virgin ?) ?

There are folk tales & legends out there pointing to a father earth & mother heaven. Get out & read some more & maybe one day you'll get to try to be at the bottom & also on top not to mention the other styles as well. Or are you too shy or ugly to have any luck ?

kctan is offline  
Old 10-28-2001, 09:42 AM   #5
Amos
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by kctan:
<STRONG>

So whats absurd with this ? Never done it before (still a technical virgin ?) ?

There are folk tales & legends out there pointing to a father earth & mother heaven. Get out & read some more & maybe one day you'll get to try to be at the bottom & also on top not to mention the other styles as well. Or are you too shy or ugly to have any luck ?

</STRONG>

Hi kctan, I've been all over but I would hate to see my attraction for females turn into repulsion which would be the case if earths polarity was reversed.

Amos
 
Old 10-28-2001, 02:11 PM   #6
Isabeau
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: baltimore
Posts: 10
Wink

SingleDad,
Actually it wasn't that book - and yes, I can tell whether a book is a work of non-fiction or not. Thanks anyway.
Isabeau is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Top

This custom BB emulates vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.