FRDB Archives

Freethought & Rationalism Archive

The archives are read only.


Go Back   FRDB Archives > Archives > Biblical Criticism - 2001
Welcome, Peter Kirby.
You last visited: Today at 05:55 AM

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2001, 09:11 AM   #1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Where is Nomad?

Accoring to a search, Nomad, once prolific,
hasn't posted since May 3rd. Maybe a
coincidence, but wasn't that about the time
that Earl showed up?

Isn't Nomad supposed to be debating him?

Nomad, where are you?
 
Old 05-09-2001, 09:17 AM   #2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kosh:
Accoring to a search, Nomad, once prolific,
hasn't posted since May 3rd. Maybe a
coincidence, but wasn't that about the time
that Earl showed up?

Isn't Nomad supposed to be debating him?

Nomad, where are you?
</font>
Kosh. At least inform yourself before taunting another poster. Nomad and Earl are debating each other. The first two posts have been exchanged:

http://www.infidels.org/electronic/f...ML/000003.html

As for Nomad's posting frequency, he has made it clear that once the debate is joined he will not be able to continue posting as he did before.
 
Old 05-09-2001, 09:33 AM   #3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Layman:
[B] Kosh. At least inform yourself before taunting another poster. Nomad and Earl are debating each other. The first two posts have been exchanged:

Layman,

I did inform myself. He's not using Nomad
as his login, and I didn't know what Nomads
name was. Typical Lawyer type mistake, I
apologize.

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited May 09, 2001).]
 
Old 05-09-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I did inform myself. He's not using Nomad
as his login, and I didn't know what Nomads
name was. Typical Lawyer type mistake, I
apologize.

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited May 09, 2001).][/B]</font>
No. You did not inform yourself. As was mentioned many times, one of the terms of the debate was that Nomad use his own name. Thus, he had to reregister under his own name.

Even so, rather than taunting Nomad you could have simply asked when and where the debate was to be held.
 
Old 05-09-2001, 12:04 PM   #5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Hello Kosh

Please try not to put too much stock in the dates shown on the "Search" function of this site. Typically it only shows the date of the first post offered by the member on that thread.

If you are looking for my most recent posts take a look at:

The uses and limits of "Q"

Was Julius Caesar Assassinated?

What is P46?

A Question for James Still

And as Layman pointed out, I also post under my real name in my debate with Earl, and on the Comments about the Debate thread.

I hope that helps.

Nomad (Brian)
 
Old 05-09-2001, 06:46 PM   #6
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Brian,

If your nickname is Nomad, how come you tend to stay on one or two specific forums? Why don't you move around more?
 
Old 05-09-2001, 08:31 PM   #7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sentinel00:
Brian,

If your nickname is Nomad, how come you tend to stay on one or two specific forums? Why don't you move around more?
</font>
Ya know, I hadn't realized this before.

I suspected that he'd taken the name from
Star Trek, but now it makes perfect sense.
In Star Trek (original series) Nomad was
an automated space probe that had rebuilt
itself after the collision of and old
earth probe and an alien probe. The earth
probes mission was to seek out new life.
The alien probes mission was to sterilize
unclean life. Nomads new obsession became
finding the "Creator" and sterilizing all
life which was not the creator.

So Nomad, if you didn't do it on purpose,
your moniker seems most appropriate. :-)

 
Old 05-10-2001, 09:28 AM   #8
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

I just figured his real name was "Damon"
 
Old 05-10-2001, 09:43 AM   #9
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kosh:
Ya know, I hadn't realized this before.

I suspected that he'd taken the name from
Star Trek, but now it makes perfect sense.
In Star Trek (original series) Nomad was
an automated space probe that had rebuilt
itself after the collision of and old
earth probe and an alien probe. The earth
probes mission was to seek out new life.
The alien probes mission was to sterilize
unclean life. Nomads new obsession became
finding the "Creator" and sterilizing all
life which was not the creator.

So Nomad, if you didn't do it on purpose,
your moniker seems most appropriate. :-)
</font>
Does this make you an advanced alien life form too timid to actually involve himself in the events he comments on?
 
Old 05-10-2001, 11:01 AM   #10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Layman:
Does this make you an advanced alien life form too timid to actually involve himself in the events he comments on?</font>
Insightful.

:-)

 
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Top

This custom BB emulates vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.