FRDB Archives

Freethought & Rationalism Archive

The archives are read only.


Go Back   FRDB Archives > Archives > Biblical Criticism - 2001
Welcome, Peter Kirby.
You last visited: Today at 05:55 AM

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2001, 06:44 PM   #1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Question about Adam/Eve

Christians say that all humans are sinful because of Adam/Eve since we all descend from them.

So does this mean that the offsprings of Adam/Eve indulged in incest if they were the only humans on earth and we are all their descendents?
 
Old 04-16-2001, 07:01 PM   #2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stargazer:
Christians say that all humans are sinful because of Adam/Eve since we all descend from them.

So does this mean that the offsprings of Adam/Eve indulged in incest if they were the only humans on earth and we are all their descendents?
</font>
Yes.
 
Old 04-16-2001, 07:19 PM   #3
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink

Not necessarily, Since we are made in the image of God and we know that most men who have sex with other men's wives may repeat this behavior, God most likley was scoring with Eve behind that apple tree. He freely admitted it when he popped Mary. I say there is a pattern here, you xian men better keep an eye on the wife at church services. Back when I was a church going christian I scored all the time there, better than bars. Just following the Master's example.
 
Old 04-16-2001, 07:39 PM   #4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

If you can assume that one "story" is true without proof, then you can assume other "stories" from the Bible are true, then mix and match as you wish, a favorite xian past-time. That is why God could have banged Eve, and just not revealed it in the written word. We know that Jesus had to take a crap but you never read about it in the Bible. God balling Eve could be argued in complete agreement with scripture, and christian principle.

As a side issue, remember that Lot was screwing his two daugthers nightly, right after his wife was turned to salt. Both became pregnant. Of course the Bible say's he was drunk each night and didn't remember it happening...right...even God shouldn't have bought that one, but since he is a sucker for a good story. "God, I don't remember denying you all those years I was a freethinker, I was under the influence of a group of radicals that twisted my mind."

Maybe God let Lot get by with incest because he himself practiced the same vice and was feeling guilty. Maybe God needs a God to forgive him of his sins. So God kills Gays but lets incestuous daughter fucking scum live... OK..., pretty consistant with the rest of the Book.

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]
 
Old 04-16-2001, 08:23 PM   #5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stargazer:
Christians say that all humans are sinful because of Adam/Eve since we all descend from them.

So does this mean that the offsprings of Adam/Eve indulged in incest if they were the only humans on earth and we are all their descendents?
</font>
To me thats just a trick to make people feel guilty of something that didnt happened.

Two things that has always plagged my mind are(supposing it did happened):

1-If God knows the future(does he knows the future or not?), why he puts the Tree of Knowledge in Eden and tells Adam and Eve (did he tell Eve?Eve came later, did he told her not to eat from it?) not to eat form it (even with him knowing that they are going to anyway)?

2-They ate form the Tree of Knowledge, so what? Isnt God all mighty and powerful? He can correct mistakes and maybe reverse time! Then why not warn Adam and Eve (in other words give them a second chance) about what they have done and the consequences of their actions?

Every father gives his/her child(s) a second chance. Why cant or why coudlnt God do something similar? Is he a bad father?
 
Old 04-16-2001, 09:04 PM   #6
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ether:
To me thats just a trick to make people feel guilty of something that didnt happened.

Two things that has always plagged my mind are(supposing it did happened):

1-If God knows the future(does he knows the future or not?), why he puts the Tree of Knowledge in Eden and tells Adam and Eve (did he tell Eve?Eve came later, did he told her not to eat from it?) not to eat form it (even with him knowing that they are going to anyway)?

2-They ate form the Tree of Knowledge, so what? Isnt God all mighty and powerful? He can correct mistakes and maybe reverse time! Then why not warn Adam and Eve (in other words give them a second chance) about what they have done and the consequences of their actions?

Every father gives his/her child(s) a second chance. Why cant or why coudlnt God do something similar? Is he a bad father?
</font>
I suppose he works in mysterious ways.
 
Old 04-16-2001, 10:24 PM   #7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stargazer:
Christians say that all humans are sinful because of Adam/Eve since we all descend from them.

So does this mean that the offsprings of Adam/Eve indulged in incest if they were the only humans on earth and we are all their descendents?
</font>
Quite gazing at the stars my friend and read the bible for yourself (the implication here is not to believe Christians).

Adam and Eve were not created until Gen.3. God created man and woman and man was first called Adam after the challenge that had been placed before him (consume from the fruits of the tree of knowledge). This makes Adam the human identity of man later to be crucified.

Amos

 
Old 04-16-2001, 11:52 PM   #8
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

We must first know if Adam/Eve existed before addressing the question. Establish the fact first then prove the fact that no other beings where living. At that stage will you start to get a serious answer from a non-Christian on this board.

Amos, I thought I already spanked your little butt in "How did Jesus take away our sins post".

Did you learn nothing there? Must I tell you to stop bringing up the Jesus/Gay issue again over here? I can prove God did create Adam and Steve instead of Eve and use the Bible to do it... don't tempt me. Actually, God really wanted Adam to do that bestiality thing, but Adam refused and forced God to make woman. None of the animals God paraded in front of Adam got him horney,I guess (Gen 2:18-20) .

Get ye behind me Amos... or rather stay in front where I can keep an eye on you. Only someone really stupid would tell an enemy to get behind them... who would say such a dumb thing?


[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]
 
Old 04-17-2001, 07:51 AM   #9
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by critical thinking made ez:
We must first know if Adam/Eve existed before addressing the question. Establish the fact first then prove the fact that no other beings where living. At that stage will you start to get a serious answer from a non-Christian on this board.

Amos, I thought I already spanked your little butt in "How did Jesus take away our sins post".

Did you learn nothing there? Must I tell you to stop bringing up the Jesus/Gay issue again over here? I can prove God did create Adam and Steve instead of Eve and use the Bible to do it... don't tempt me. Actually, God really wanted Adam to do that bestiality thing, but Adam refused and forced God to make woman. None of the animals God paraded in front of Adam got him horney,I guess (Gen 2:18-20) .

Get ye behind me Amos... or rather stay in front where I can keep an eye on you. Only someone really stupid would tell an enemy to get behind them... who would say such a dumb thing?


[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]
</font>
Did I write that Adam and Eve "existed"? Please read it again and see if I did. Adam and Eve were "created" as an image of knowledge and understanding while man was "created and formed" in the image of God. It was never suggested by me that they were first or last or anywhere in between.

I think you have been reading the bible too much for your own good to the point that it has let you into total oblivion.

Amos

 
Old 04-17-2001, 08:17 AM   #10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

Amos, I warned you not to use those tactics on this board. So now I must Prove using Scripture that God did intend on creating a Gay Adam and wanted to be his Steve.

Being a heterosexual, If I had the powers to create any living being and knowing the future possibilities of just how hot Holly Hunter would look. The first creature I would create for daily worship of myself would be Holly Hunter or Meg Ryan. If on the other hand I where a Gay God, I would create naked Tom Cruz type only a little taller. God always deals, talks to, make secret arrangements with, visits on mountain top retreats with, MEN MEN MEN... AND MORE MEN.

After he made man, he once again screwed up and forgot to make Adam a homosexual like himself. Adam was just bisexual. God wasn't really wanting to make a woman because he would lose man's companionship, which of course happened in the end. So at first, he made a few animals with real nice ass's but Adam wasn't into that kind of sex, so because God was so Nelly in love with Adam, like any good Gay partner of a bisexual man, he let Adam have Eve.

So Adam was the First Gay Man. God of the Bible was the first Gay God. What the creature in the tree did was inform Eve about the affair Adam was having with God (tree of knowlege, hello), and Eve being the typical woman demanded it all stop. She had Adam start covering himself so God would stop getting turned on so much. Once Adam started banging Eve, he realized he didn't want God anymore as a sex partner and God being admittedly jealous cast them from his exclusive Nudist Retreat at the Gardens.

Since that time God has resented women as any normal homosexual man would after losing his man to woman. God then went back in the Closet and comes out only rarely... but just to be with some man, although he will rape women from time to time because he hates them still... Eve, Lot's girls, and Mary to name a few. Of course since we know homosexuality is in the gene's, God's son Jesus was flaming to the end, that last kiss between J. and J. was a tear jerker. See my other posts for the details.
The real story of the Creation for your enjoyment.

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by critical thinking made ez (edited April 17, 2001).]
 
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Top

This custom BB emulates vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.